The deadline for submitting abstracts has passed.
Please send email to Conferences@uiowa.edu to inquire about submitting a late abstract.
Each abstract should contain:
- A sentence stating the study objective (unless given in the title);
- A brief statement of methods, if pertinent;
- A summary of the results obtained;
- A statement of the conclusions; it is not satisfactory to say "the results will be discussed".
Abstract Title and Body
- Enter the title of your abstract in Title Case (i.e. cap the first letter of each word, except prepositions). Do not put a period at the end of the abstract title.
- Capitalize initial letters of trade names.
- Use standard abbreviations for units of measure.
- Other abbreviations should be spelled out in full at first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Exceptions: DNA, RNA, etc.
- Include the source of research support.
- The abstract title, authors, affiliations and body of the abstract should not exceed 3000 characters excluding spaces.
- If your abstract contains tables, graphics or figures, upload your abstract as a pdf.
Poster Presentation Information
- Poster board dimensions are 6' wide by 4' tall. Posters should be readable by viewers three feet away. Use large print and shade or color block letters when possible. A minimum font size of 28 point and a maximum of 600 words are recommended. Include the title, authors, and affiliations on the strip in letters not less than 1" high. Presenters must mount their posters no later than 9:00 AM on Friday September 29, 2017 in the University of Iowa Atrium. Posters must remain on display all day from 9:00 AM – 7:30 PM on September 29, 2017. Presenters are expected to be at their poster boards during the poster session presentation time from 5:00 -7:30 PM on September 29, 2017.
- Students and trainees will get a minute to present their posters. Awards will be given to the best poster presentations.
- Faculty, scientists and staff are encouraged to submit abstracts for poster presentations.
Oral Presentation Information
- Some student/trainee abstracts will be selected for 10-minute slide presentations at one of the Oral Sessions. Awards will be given to the best student/trainee oral presentations.
A PDF version of the abstract instructions can be found here: iowa_physiological_society_meeting_2017_abstract_instructions.pdf